Precious Minds Montessori School follow Maria Montessori’s philosophy on education. The Montessori Method of teaching is introduced through the apparatus and curriculum with the aim of assisting each child to develop to their full potential. By providing a child friendly classroom, allowing each child the freedom within limits to choose their own self-correcting materials, each child experiences and develops their own independence, self discipline and self respect with the assistance of a Montessori teacher.
“Free the child’s potential, and you will transform him into the world”
At Precious Minds, we place a huge emphasise on social interaction and physical exercise alongside the Montessori curriculum as they play a huge part in a child’s overall development. We have put a physical policy in play to ensure exercise, no matter what the weather, on a daily basis. Some of the activities include buntas activities from buntas training (this is a dedicated sports programme designed to encourage a healthy lifestyle), obstacle courses, both indoor or outdoor and dancing.
The other areas of a child’s development will be monitored through the use of the Montessori materials and other activities that our school offers.
These areas of development are:
- Physical Development
- Intellectual Development
- Language Development
- Emotional & Social Development
- Behavioural Development
- Holistic Development.
Our aim at Precious Minds Montessori School is:
- To provide a prepared environment where children can develop at their own pace and reach their full potential
- To provide a variety of Montessori equipment and other extracurricular activities to allow each child the opportunity to explore their environment and develop a love of learning.
- To encourage each child to develop their independence, self-esteem and self-discipline
- To assist each child’s development as a ‘whole’ person in preparation for primary education.
We look forward to welcoming you into our school!